Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Resurrection - Rebirth

This being Holy Week, I've been barraged with the life and death of Jesus.  And of the promise of the resurrection and of life eternal.

I'm in a state of heightened awareness this week.  

Just this day, these sights:


In a Home Depot parking lot...


in my driveway...


in the woods out back.


"Hard to imagine daffodils
Where I see nothing but white veils
Incessant falling of thick snow
In this nowhere, non-landscape
Which has no shadow and no shape,
And holds me fast and holds me deep
And will not cease before I sleep.
Hard to imagine somewhere else
Where life could stir and has a pulse
And know that somewhere else will be
This very field changed utterly.
With host of daffodils to show
that spring was there under the snow."
                      Blizzard by May Sarton



I stopped my car this afternoon to take a phone call.  The sight in front of me was this stone, these daffodils just recently risen, and a gurgling creek. The caller told me of the death of my dear cousin just hours earlier.  She said "my mom entered into the presence of our Lord and Savior while sleeping peacefully".

Through the death and resurrection we are promised life eternal.  I see the signs.  I hear the words.  And my faith tells me this is the truth. 

May light perpetual shine upon Diane.

No comments:

Post a Comment