Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day 3 on Tybee Time

Patterns seen this morning. 





“Pay attention to the intricate patterns of your existence that you take for granted.” 
Doug Dillon, author. 

I appreciate order. Predictability. I seek a rhythm in life and often fail to find it. Yet, I continue to seek. 

Maybe that is why I'm so drawn to patterns that are seen around me. Walking the shoreline this morning, I slowed down as each new pattern presented itself. A visible sign of order.

Seeking and recognizing patterns in life, and then building upon that structure, can buffer the unexpected and the uncertain. 

In the bible, three references to pattern are found: First, when God instructed Moses how to build the tabernacle in the Old Testament, He told Moses to "make all things according to the pattern". Exodus 25:40. Again in the book of Hebrews as a reminder of doing all things today "according to the pattern."  And Hebrews 8:5. And in Ezekiel 43:7-12, "let them measure the pattern." 

As a disciple I seek God's pattern for my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment