Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 1 on Tybee Time

I returned "home" last night. Thirteen years coming to the Bluebird B&B on Tybee Island makes this place home. Familiar. Welcoming. I have "home" in Taos,NM, as well. Another place of familiarity and welcome. 


It's not so much about knowing where everything is or how all things work. It's more about promise. About knowing you can trust in the security of sameness. It's about certainty of routine. I'm definitely not all about sameness and routine, but I seem to have more need of these than in years past. 

God makes promises of sameness. "I am with you."  Isaiah 41:10. "The Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

Perhaps that's my true longing for sameness. 

Still, I am home in this place this day. 


It is well with my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment