Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hunger Walk/Run - Atlanta

This year marks the Atlanta Community Food Bank's 32nd annual Hunger Walk and Run. 



The event brings attention to hunger in Middle and North Georgia, and raises funds to combat that hunger.  It's ecumenical in the sense that the five partner agencies represent faith communities: Episcopal, Jewish, Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic.  In an even greater interfaith sense, anyone can participate as a runner, a walker, a volunteer, a financial supporter.

STAGGERING facts:

          18.7 percent of the people living in Georgia are food insecure, meaning that they             don't always know where they will find their next meal.

          28.2 percent of Georgia children live in food insecure households.  This is well over           one in every four Georgia children.

          In the Atlanta Community Food Bank's 29-county service area, 24.5 percent of
          children are food insecure.

I'm blessed to always know from where my next meal will come. My friends and family know also.

So how can I help?

For me it starts with the work of the Episcopal Charities Foundation.  And this partnership with ACFB to raise money to provide funding to ministries and organizations across the Diocese of Atlanta (Middle and Upper Georgia) who feed people.

"When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink..."          Matthew 25:35



No comments:

Post a Comment