Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tybee Time - At Last

At last.
Tybee Time is here.  Or at least only hours away.
Travel begins early tomorrow, and likely it will be late afternoon when I finally drive across the bay to Tybee Island.

On this Fourth Sunday of Lent, I looked up and saw-- the promise kept, the dormant blooming.  What a send off!


My reading this morning is from Job.  Becca Stevens writes "justice must include mystery and compassion.  To arrive at this understanding of justice, Job looks to animals, birds, and plants.  He remembers that their lives, like his, come from the Creator".

I gaze up at this lilac life in wonder. A purplish bursting of live from my Creator.
When I return there will be many more blooms.

While I'm away how will I experience justice?  How will I be compassionate?

No comments:

Post a Comment