Monday, February 29, 2016

Sitting in Jesus' Lap

As I child I learned about Jesus in Sunday School and in books of Bible stories.  One of my favorite images was that of children gathered around Jesus, with one or two seated in his lap. My faith was more surface faith as a child, but I could picture myself in Jesus' lap.


Today, in my 75th year, I sometimes imagine myself in Jesus' lap.  If I'm troubled or scared or uncertain, I hop up in Jesus' lap.  And I'm comforted.

We all have hard stuff in our lives, some more than others.  I'm blessed to have less than what I'm certain others carry.  Sometimes I imagine I have more than I actually do.  That's where the tidying up of my spirit and my soul comes in.

Still, this day I have the real deal.  And it's not my hard stuff, rather that of a dear, dear family member who is in poor health.  I'll journey to her this day and spend the next couple of days with her.

I'll be in Jesus' lap as my flight takes off, and again as I share time and troubles with her.

Traveling Mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment