Friday, February 26, 2016

Reflection

For me, this Lent is about reflection. Looking back as well as considering the now.


What has brought me to this day that I shall retain?


What shall I discard?


Last year during Lent I read "The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up".  I immediately set upon de-cluttering my home - my closets, drawers and cabinets.  Whatever ceased to give me "JOY" was gone- passed on so as to provide joy for another.  It was freeing!

Now I find my mind and my soul need some de-cluttering.  There are burdens I carry that are based in habit more than reality; things that I could probably release through prayer and practice. There's a lot of unnecessary clutter that plays through my thoughts.

Virginia Woolf said: "My own brain is to me that most unaccountable of machinery - always buzzing, humming, soaring, roaring, diving, and then buried in mud.  And why? What's this passion for?"

I would add, what's the need being served, and could I discard?

No comments:

Post a Comment