Friday, March 15, 2013

Tybee Day 2

The reason to seek out Tybee Time is because it stops time. Almost literally. No sounds awaken one in the morning; a sense of being rested is the alarm.

And there's no where to have to be.

Eventually a drive across the causeway to Savannah for cappuccinos and labyrinth walking.

I'm fasting this Lent. Replacing candy and other sweets with fresh fruit sweets; counting Weight Watcher points which definitely restrict intake. And walking.

Another Lenten practice is to take something on. I'm taking on labyrinths. Adding labyrinths to my life; more than just walking labyrinths. I'm learning their history. I'm telling the story of the labyrinth in my parish. I'm promoting the practice of this and other area labyrinths. I'm inviting others to add labyrinths to their travels.

A late afternoon cold and windy walk on Tybee's North beach. Finding a few Olive shells and watching the tide gently roll in.

A stunning sunset closed out the day.

"We are placing our souls and our bodies under your guarding this night, O Christ. "





No comments:

Post a Comment