Thursday, March 14, 2013

Now on Tybee Time

After a 6 hour drive south, I am now on Tybee Time. I love this drive because as I travel south I find Spring. With every mile the land greens up. Fruit trees are in bloom. Fields are a brilliant green. Cows are everywhere- often lolling on the green hills.

And so it is with my soul. I'm greening up.

Last year on this annual trip, I was introduced to Taize music. This morning I awake with a verse on my mind and in my soul. "Oh Lord, hear my prayer, oh Lord head my prayer, come and listen to me."

Returning to the rhythm of Iona with morning and evening prayer - this time done in the beach cottage, these words begin my day:
"This is the day God has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
We will not offer to God
offerings that cost us nothing.
Go in peace to love and serve;
We will seek peace and pursue it."

From Iona Abbey Community



No comments:

Post a Comment