Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Detours and U-turns

The best laid plans....
5 1/2 hours to drive and ponder was the plan. And for almost four hours that was the case. 



Then I came to a stop in Metter, GA. I'm not even sure where Metter is. The flight bringing my traveling friend to Savannah was delayed and likely to be cancelled. So I stopped in Metter to await any change in plans. Like needing to drive to Atlanta if she was re-routed there. 



I got out of my car and walked around town. Praying. Wondering. Worrying. Receiving updates that continued to disappoint. It felt like Tybee Time might be cancelled this year. I pondered how that was going to feel. 

Then...she was re-routed...to Columbia, South Carolina.  Yikes!  I revised my GPS's destination and took off, retracing some miles, and detouring to a new route. 

45 minutes later the flight plans changed and the destination was once again Savannah. Yea!!!

With a u-turn, I was on my way to Savannah. Tybee Time was going to happen. 



8 hours instead of 5 1/2 hours to ponder. It was definitely a different model of pondering than was my plan. MY plan. 

And isn't that how it is with God in our lives?  We think we know the plan for our lives. And for sure we have some important role in the  plan. But are we prepared for life's detours and u-turns?

Do we turn to God for showing us the path, or to at least accompanying us on that detoured and u-turn filled route?

For now I know one thing for certain, I am on Tybee Time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment