Sunday, April 6, 2014

Departure Time

Tybee Time has been a time and a place where everything slows down.  Yet somehow the time to leave feels like it happened too quickly.  Knowing I shall return in a year's time, helps with the regret of having to "get off" Tybee Time.

One last vesper-light walk on the beach.




These days of Tybee Time have filled me with rest, with reflection, with trust, and with hope for the days ahead.

On my drive home I visited with a dear friend who is in hospice care and will probably depart this life sometime today.  We exchanged smiles and heart hugs.  As a clergyman he gave unceasingly to parishes throughout my part of the diocese.  It was my great honor to have served with him on so many occasions.

Jim will soon know the glory for which we all await.

As I drove into my driveway, I was greeted with a beautiful sight- the lilac is in full bloom! The extraordinary scent wafted toward me as I approached. The promise of return in spring kept. 

Mother Teresa's said: "Dear Jesus, help me spread your fragrance wherever I go."




And so I shall try to do just that.

1 comment:

  1. Another perfect day for you. And made even more so by the lilacs blooming on your return. How wonderful for you. You must feel truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete